Children and Youth
RE is much more than classroom instruction.
- Preschoolers learn about kindness through song
- 2nd graders listen to and discuss a story about loss and bereavement
- 5th graders ask questions of classroom guests, such as a Muslim couple invited to talk about Islam
- 7th graders learn about personal responsibility in a lesson from OWL, a progressive sexuality education program
- 8th graders in the Coming of Age program meet with adult mentors and plan visits to synagogues, mosques, and temples
- High-school youth design a fundraiser to support a local homeless shelter.