What is CUUPS?
CUUPS is an organization dedicated to networking Pagan-identified Unitarian Universalists (UUs), educating people about Paganism, promoting interfaith dialogue, developing Pagan liturgies and theologies, and supporting Pagan-identified UU religious professionals. CUUPS was chartered by the Unitarian Universalist Association at the General Assembly in 1987 for purposes of enabling:
- Networking among Pagan-identified UUs; providing outreach of Unitarian Universalism to the broader Pagan community continentally.
- Providing educational materials on Paganism for UU congregations and the general public.
- Promoting Pagan–Jewish & Christian dialogue; encouraging the development of theological/thealogical and liturgical materials based on earth- and nature-centered religious and spiritual perspectives.
- Encouraging greater use of music, dance, visual arts, poetry, story, and creative ritual in UU worship and celebration.
- Providing support for Pagan-identified UU religious professionals and ministerial students; and fostering healing relationships with our mother the Earth and all her children.
CUUPS Chapters are connected to existing UU congregations. Chapter activities may include discussion groups, ritual groups, teaching circles, and worship services for UU congregations. Chapters are autonomous in deciding their own levels and types of activity. For more information, visit the CUUPS website and the UUA website
Who are we?
Spiritways CUUPS is a vibrant, loving, and supportive group dedicated to the principles of Unitarian Universalism (UU). We are committed to all Pagan paths and to the inclusion of all rituals and traditions of those paths. Sunnyhill is a Welcoming Congregation, and Spiritways welcomes people of every race, gender, transgender, and sexual orientation to take part in our rituals and programs. Rituals draw on the many expressions of Pagan spirituality and gather together people who are in sympathy and accordance with UU values. Rituals are held at Sunnyhill throughout the calendar year and include eight Earth Wheel Sabbats, one Full moon, and one Dark moon rite.
Spiritways also offers a class during LifeCraft, an hour set aside each Sunday morning between the 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. services for adult education. Other events, classes, and workshops of interest to the Pagan community are scheduled throughout the year. Find more information about upcoming rituals and events on the Spiritways Facebook Page and on the Sunnyhill calendar.
Spiritways is committed to sharing Pagan traditions and offering insight into Pagan liturgy with Members and Friends of Sunnyhill as well as visitors from the larger community who seek the opportunity to explore Pagan spirituality in a warm and welcoming environment. Because people of every level of exposure to Paganism attend the rituals, we carve out a portion of each gathering to discuss and to share knowledge with all present.
Through rituals, the LifeCraft program, other events, and full participation in the life of Sunnyhill, we hope to educate our community and integrate Earth-based spirituality and Paganism with the family of religious traditions celebrated by Unitarian Universalism and at Sunnyhill.
Please visit our Meet the Leadership Team page to learn more about the witches leading Spiritways. Still have questions? Email us at Spiritways@gmail.com