Date(s) - Dec 09, 2017
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Let us know you’re coming!
Click the world to RSVP for Sunnyhill’s One World Multicultural Celebration
Sunnyhillers young and old, newcomers and founding members – come one come all! We hope you’ll come to Sunnyhill’s 7th annual One World Holiday Celebration on Saturday, December 9, 2017, 5-8 p.m. at Sunnyhill. Last year, we have over 100 members and family. Let’s beat that number this year as we celebrate our first December in our new home!
One World is an intergenerational celebration of our outreach to the greater world and includes lots of multicultural holiday activities and fun intergenerational twists! This wonderful evening is all about giving rather than receiving, and this year we’ve added many opportunities to our Gallery of Good Giving. Come prepared to purchase your holiday gifts and to donate to our social justice partners and to those less fortunate than us.
- A delicious and delectable potluck dinner of soup and chili. Signup for soup/chili here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4faba82fa1f94-oneworld1 or for bread/dessert here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4faba82fa1f94-oneworld2
- Holiday opportunities to donate to SHIM, Foster Love, Family Promise, UUSC, the Sunnyhill Playground and many more!
- Children’s activities and crafts with a multicultural focus
- Alternative gift shopping opportunities at our Gallery of Good Giving including fair trade coffee and chocolate, gifts made by Coming Of Age, handknit hats, and Mira Fair Trade gifts (bring your checkbook or credit card!)
- Intergenerational holiday caroling
- A special visit by our very own Sunnyhill Santa who promotes giving over receiving (note to parents – Santa will ask the children what they will give this holiday instead of what they want)
- Activities and opportunities by our Sunnyhill’s social justice teams
- Holiday fellowship and merrymaking with Sunnyhill friends
In our effort to foster giving rather than receiving, we’ll be collecting the following during One World:
- Mittens and scarves for our Mitten Tree – benefits Washington Women’s Shelter
- Non-perishables (especially dried beans) and toiletries (diapers size 5-7, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, feminine hygiene) for SHIM (the children will give them to Santa when he arrives)
- $25 gift cards from Giant Eagle, Target, Visa, and Mastercard to benefit SHIM families
- Complete and filled backpacks – benefits Foster Love (for list of contents http://www.fosterloveproject.org/bag-drives.html)
- Guest At Your Table
- $10 per adult voluntary donation for evening– benefits Sunnyhill’s RE program. Children free!
- Cash donations for SHIM, Family Promise, Sunnyhill Social Justice, Sunnyhill Project Playground and more
Please signup to let us know you’re coming because we want to have enough soup and chili! Click on the world to RSVP, or stop by the One World table after Sunday service and RSVP in person.
We do need help running the children’s craft tables, managing the soup and drinks, and cleaning up. If you want to be a part of this wonderful evening and can help us, please email email@example.com . If you can’t make it to One World but would like to donate, there will be donation stations in Fellowship Hall throughout the week.
Thank you and happy early holidays!
Elizabeth Mortimer, Cori Vipperman, and Jen McGlothin
One World Coordinators